- adaptation to climate change | renewable resources | energy efficiency
- Wednesday 6 July 2022, 09:00 - 13:00 (CEST)
- External event
On July 6, concurrently with the presentation of the Astea Group Sustainability Report 2021, there will be the inauguration of the new Biogas Plant of En Ergon Srl, a subsidiary company of Astea Spa.
Located in the Municipality of Ostra (AN), the plant is the result of a very ambitious project, and an investment of almost 30 million euros. It is able to transform 32 500 tonnes of organic waste mainly into 3 million cubic meters of gas each year, to be injected into the national network, and then compost and fertilizer for agricultural use. This innovative project is a best practice of circular economy, aiming to on the one hand produce energy in a more sustainable way (e.g. contributing to reduce economic and environmental costs generated by the transport of waste), and on the other hand to address the lack of waste treatment plants in the Marche Region.
- Camilla Laureti – Member of the European Parliament
- Francesco Acquaroli – President of Marche Region
- Fabio Marchetti – CEO Astea Spa
- Marco Frittella – Rai1 Journalist
- Valerio Rossi Albertini – Physicist, Science Journalist
- Massimiliano Riderelli Belli – General Manager Astea Spa