- adaptation to climate change | energy research
- Thursday 29 June 2023, 14:00 - 15:30 (CEST)
- Online only
- External event
Financing the Energy Transition
Our experts will touch upon how to get green finance for clean energy projects, credible transition financing tools, setting methodologies, tools and guidance for electricity utility, credible transition plans, opportunities that the capital market can unlock, and what investors need to be assured the decarbonisation is credible and aligned with the 1.5°C pathway.
We will present electricity utility science-based criteria for investment that are consistent with the goals of the Paris Climate Agreement to limit warming to 1.5 degrees.
The event will highlight the importance of transition finance in promoting climate resilience and mobilising capital for clean energy projects to accelerate the clean energy transition in Europe and worldwide.
Goal: Credible transitions to 1.5-degree pathways in the EU across the energy sector are being financed
Objective: Build consensus amongst issuers, investors, intermediaries, climate experts, and public and private sector stakeholders on the framework, definitions, labels, and terminology relating to clean energy transition finance
Audience: corporates/investors, issuers, intermediaries, NGOs, financial institutions, climate experts, industry, public and private sector stakeholders etc.
Topics to be covered:
- The role of transition finance in promoting climate resilience and achieving a low-carbon future
- What is transition planning, goals, obstacles
- Electricity utility criteria
- How can we match industrial decarbonisation projects with sustainable financing mechanisms
- Increased awareness among participants about the importance and the role of credible transition decarbonisation plans and transition finance in promoting climate resilience and achieving a low-carbon future
- Enhanced understanding of climate transition financing frameworks and learn about energy utility science-based target setting guidance, tools development process
Rachel Hemingway, Head of Transition Programmes, Climate Bonds
2.10 CEST----How to get green finance for clean energy transition projects, the role of transition finance in promoting climate resilience and achieving a low-carbon future – Climate Bonds Standard V 4.0
Anna Creed, Director of Environmental Impact & Thought Leadership, Climate Bonds
2.30 CEST----Sustainable finance tools - Creating a supportive policy environment for transition finance
Leo Donnachie, Sustainable Finance Lead at Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change (IIGCC)
2.50 CEST----Electricity Utilities criteria for the low carbon transition
Ana Diaz, Global Energy Transition Lead, Climate Bonds
3.10 – 3.30----Q & A