- adaptation to climate change
- Tuesday 27 September 2022, 08:00 - 11:30 (CEST)
- Paphos, Cyprus
Cyprus is a member of the EU since 1st May 2004 and actively works in the success of the energy transition objectives to achieve the declared policies for achieving a low carbon economy. However, the following areas are still a concern in achieving carbon neutrality and we would like to address them in this workshop by bringing together stakeholders in the field of smart grids, storage and local energy systems:
- R&I activities in the field are weak calling for more national and European support to raise opportunities, bring closer to the wealth of EU knowledge and offer the means to address local needs with the support of the industry and broader
- Enabling technologies like digitalisation, storage, smart grids, e-Mobility and reliable communications are not adequately addressed to facilitate the much-wanted transition for the effective use of emerging technologies that include distributed RES, e-mobility with smart charging and V2G attributes and demand
- End-users and citizens are not adequately empowered through codes, appropriate regulation and market instruments to build and operate effective energy management systems utilizing the emerging technologies that can grow into efficient energy communities with appropriate technologies in place to facilitate optimal use of local resources for the benefit of the
This workshop aims to bring the stakeholders of Cyprus together and address all the above issues to try to pave the way forward, to help the country move faster toward the much-wanted energy transition to the low-carbon economy.