- energy efficiency | renewable resources
- pondělí 15. května 2023, 15:30 - 17:00 (CEST)
- Pouze online
- Externí akce
Concept and focus
To decrease Europe's dependence on fossil fuels, the voices for a rapid clean energy transition have never been clearer and stronger.Local actions, e.g. energy saving measures or prosumer activities, taken by citizens and consumers are crucial for the clean energy transition. Transnational technology and innovation programs can offer a strong platform for generating research, development and innovation actions, which can be adopted by municipalities, their utilities and citizens.
The general framework conditions for inclusion of citizens in the energy system are set by nation states. But the closest to them are municipalities. They can implement strong incentives through land use planning and development contracts. They can be a role model in their own premises and motivate through appropriate communication. Where the legal framework allows, they can become members of energy communities or even take on a leadership role. In any case: they need to know the needs and expectations of multiple stakeholder groups in town.
- Identify and discuss real needs of citizens and consumers to take local actions for the energy transition
- Identify and discuss incentives and standards offered by municipalities and their energy utilities to empower citizens and consumers
- Identify and discuss key findings from national, transnational and international RDI projects and programs that support EC’s idea of “consumer in the center”.
- decision-makers on local, regional, national and EU-level
- research and innovation institutes
- transnational technology and innovation programs
- local consumers and citizens or their associations.