- adaptation to climate change
- středa 22. června 2022, 11:00 - 12:00 (CEST)
- Pouze online
The European Heating Industry (EHI) is hosting an online event on “Hybrid heat pumps, biomethane: renewable heating for the European building stock”.
The event will take place on 22 June 2022, from 11:00am to 12:00pm and will bring hybrids and biomethane to the fore, discussing how they can contribute to achieve the 2030 and 2050 EU climate goals and to reduce dependence on Russian gas.
Hybrids, combining two heat generators, typically an electric heat pump with a boiler, have a great potential to accelerate the decarbonization of the building stock, as they can be easily installed in existing buildings that have not been renovated yet or that are undergoing staged-deep renovations. Moreover, they are fully compatible with biomethane, one of the renewable gas alternatives to methane available today. Biomethane production is expected to increase from 3 billion m3 to 35 billion m3 by 2030 according to the European Commission objectives of the recent REPowerEU communication.
Together with biomethane, hybrid heat pumps are a fully green and energy-system flexible solution that can provide quick gains in terms of CO2 emissions reductions and contribute reducing fossil fuels use in heating.
The following will intervene:
- Galin Gentchev – European Commission, DG Energy
- Giulia Laura Cancian – Secretary General of the European Biogas Association
- Denver Rumney – Group Innovation Lead at E.ON
- Pierre-Louis François – CEO of Groupe Atlantic
- Federica Sabbati – EHI Secretary General
The discussion will be moderated by Peter Vis, former Head of Cabinet of the EU Commissioner for Climate Action.
- European Heating Industry
- ehiehi [dot] eu
- Telefonní číslo