The Young Energy Ambassadors is a group of young professionals (aged 18 to 34 years old at the time of EUSEW) who represent EUSEW’s young audience and act as multipliers of the event campaign. The group is formed by 30 young people around Europe, from different sectors/career stages (studies, employment, personal engagement, etc.). The selection process prioritises diversity in terms of gender, age, profession, and nationality.
As a member of the selected group, you will be involved in the activities of the European Youth Energy Day (EYED) that will take place in Brussels during the event. Your presence onsite is expected from 11 to 13 June 2024, and the EUSEW organising team will cover your travel expenses and accomodation. The Ambassadorship programme will run from April 2024 to June 2025.
The following eligibility criteria apply to all applications. Applications that do not meet these criteria will be excluded from the evaluation.
- Geographical scope: The candidate should reside in Europe, and their personal activities, projects, and actions must be carried out in at least one country located in the European Union or the European Economic Area.
- Age: Candidates for this category must be born after 13 June 1989 and no later than 13 June 2006.
The evaluation will consider 3 criteria related to the questions in the application form. Each of these criteria will be scored on a scale from 1 to 10.
- Profile: Applicants should focus on highlighting elements of originality and their personal journey (including specific milestones, if possible) toward becoming an advocate for the clean energy transition.
- Action: Applicants should describe how their actions have advanced the clean energy transition or contributed to tackling specific challenges in the sustainable energy field.
- Impact: The application should clearly demonstrate the extent to which the described activities are contributing to the achievement of European energy and climate targets and/or are making an important contribution to the sustainable energy policy debate.
- Launch of the call: 30 January 2024
- Closing of the call: 3 March 2024
- Evaluation period: March 2024
- Communication of results: beginning of April 2024
By applying to the Young Energy Ambassadors programme, the candidates agree to support the promotion of EUSEW and its results by:
- providing additional information about themselves to the organising team for the development of promotional material, including filmed interview, photos, and quotes;
- using promotional materials to promote EUSEW on their channels (such as social media, newsletters, network of contacts, organisation website, etc.)
- participating in activities that will run from April 2024 to June 2025, including possible follow-up activities (e.g. meetings, events, video production, etc.);
- attending EUSEW physically in Brussels from 11 to 13 June 2024.
What are the YEA values?
- Responsibility and commitment: Participating in the Ambassadorship programme will entail taking positive actions to embark on the energy transition, inspiring or encouraging others to join. Ambassadors will contribute concrete, science-based, trustworthy actions with clear and, ideally, measurable outcomes that demonstrate their impact.
- Ambition: To achieve the energy, climate and environmental goals, we need to challenge long-standing behaviours and assumptions. Ambassadors can contribute to this objective by exhibiting behaviours that are coherent with the European climate neutrality goal.
- Action tailored to national and local contexts: Ambassadors’ actions will be adapted to European as well as national and local contexts. The closer to people’s day-to-day reality, the better. Ambassadors are invited to share their knowledge about European energy policy, programmes or opportunities in their local community, especially with young people.
- Diversity and inclusiveness: The Ambassadorship programme also aims to help break down barriers and combat biases related to gender, age, disabilities or other characteristics. Ambassadors are expected to act in accordance with the European democratic and participatory values.
Please note that applying to the EUSEW YEA Programme entails agreeing to these values and actions. If selected as a YEA, not adhering to these values and actions could lead to exclusion from the YEA Programme.
Should you have any additional questions about the Young Energy Ambassadors programme, please contact the EUSEW team at CINEA-EUSEWec [dot] europa [dot] eu (CINEA-EUSEW[at]ec[dot]europa[dot]eu)