DATA PROTECTION NOTICE (PRIVACY STATEMENT)
In accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of 23 October 2018 on data protection (hereinafter the Regulation), the European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (hereafter CINEA) collects your personal data only to the extent necessary to fulfil the precise purpose related to its tasks.The objective of this data protection notice is to inform you about the processing activities related to your personal data.
1. The controller is CINEA:
CINEA Head of Unit A1
Chaussée de Wavre 910
BE – 1049 Brussels
The following entity is processing the personal data on behalf of CINEA: VO Europe (email@example.com) in order to provide you with information about the specific meeting or event (before, during and after) and to process your application for participation to the European Sustainable Energy Week.
2. The purpose of this processing operation is to organise and manage the European Sustainable Energy Week activities. It covers:
·Registration of participants to online and physical events in the framework of the European Sustainable Energy Week, management of their participation online, and inclusion in participant lists;
·Management of applications for the EUSEW Awards (evaluation, selection, announcement, promotion and feedback);
·Management of applications for hosting Policy Conference sessions (evaluation, selection, announcement, promotion and feedback);
·Management of applications for the Networking Village (evaluation, selection, announcement, promotion and feedback);
·Management of submissions of Sustainable Energy Days (assessment, selection, publication, promotion and feedback);
·Management of follow-up meetings and other related follow-up actions, such as the collection of feedback, the distribution of contact lists, invitations, news, reports, other publications and information material, and sending of emails informing on future activities related to EUSEW;
·Management of the EUSEW Community – for receiving further information related to the topic and activities of the European Sustainable Energy Week;
·Collection of event statistics.
The objective of this data protection notice is to inform participants and speakers participating in the European Sustainable Energy Week about the processing activities related to their personal data. The data subjects concerned by this notice are participants (including moderators, awards finalists, experts, etc.) and speakers participating in the European Sustainable Energy Week.
3. The categories of personal data collected and used for the processing operations are: title, first name, last name, nationality, organisation, function, (professional/personal) e-mail address, phone number, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts (if any), pictures and videos of recorded events (see below for more details), and browser-generated information, cookies or other technologies used to analyse users’ activity related to the EUSEW event. In some specific cases, data collection may also include gender and year of birth. Moreover, for speakers, Awards finalists, and experts, their biographies and CVs are also collected based on the information that they provide themselves. This information is mandatory for the purposes outlined above (except for phone number, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts, pictures and videos which are based on your explicit prior consent or where differently stated, e.g. EUSEW Community).
In addition, the following non-mandatory personal data are collected: speakers’ photos, dietary restrictions when relevant, mobility assistance when relevant, and questions about the event in regard to the organisation of the event onsite. For onsite participants, please note that the event will be (partly) web-streamed and it is possible that you will be recorded. It is also possible that photographs of you will be taken during the event and might be used for related communication purposes via EUSEW website, EUSEW social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), participants’ social media accounts and promoting communication channels (international press). Upon registration, you can give your explicit consent to have your image/voice recorded and published on related communication channels. In the absence of your consent, the organiser will try to find suitable alternatives, so that you can fully take part in the event, e.g. by offering an alternative area to follow the event. Online participant will not be recorded.
Moderators, Awards finalists, experts and speakers will be contacted by VO Europe to obtain their explicit consent to have their image recorded, used for the creation of offline communication material and published online on communication channels, such as social media accounts Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram, image hosting sites and websites linked to the promotion of the European Sustainable Energy Week. In the absence of consent, moderators, Awards finalists, experts and speakers have the possibility to remain unseen by not activating their video during the streaming.
4. All recipients are on a "need to know" basis: The recipients of your data will be authorised staff of CINEA and the European Commission in charge of the organisation of the event and the follow-up communication activities, authorised staff of EUSEW partner organisations, CINEA’s contractor VO Europe (and its subcontractors, including LogMeIn Webex, Cblue, Innocraft, Mailjet, Hi Drive, Trello, Prezly, VIMEO and Swapcard), and bodies charged with monitoring, inspection tasks or proceedings in application of EU law (e.g. internal audit services, Court of Auditors, European Anti-fraud Office (OLAF), European Ombudsman, the European Court of Justice or the national judge as well as the lawyers and the agents of the parties in case of a legal procedure, the European Public Prosecutor’s Office or the European Data Protection supervisor). EUSEW partner organisations and EUSEW participants will have access to registered participants profiles on the event platform (see details below).
Third party tools used for the organisation of EUSEW
5. You have the right to access your personal data, the right to rectify any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete personal data and where applicable, you have the right to request restriction or to object to processing, to request a copy or erasure of your personal data held by the data controller. Where processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. Your request to exercise one of the above rights will be dealt with without undue delay and within one month.
Your right to information, access, rectification, erasure, restriction or objection to processing, communication of a personal data breach or confidentiality of electronic communications may be restricted only under certain specific conditions as set out in theCINEA Restriction Decision in accordance with Article 25 of Regulation (EU) 2018/1725.
6. How does CINEA protect and safeguard your data?
Within the Agency, personal data resides on the servers, which abide by strict security measures of the European Commission to protect the security and integrity of the relevant electronic assets. The Agency is bound by Commission Decision 2017/46 of 10/1/17 on the security of communications and information systems in the EC. The use of passwords to access data is protected by authentication system.
The personal data and all information collected is also stored on the servers of the Processor, which is adhered to a code of conduct on Information Security and has secured data management systems.
The list of subscribers or data related to the participants are neither public nor published and fall under a restricted access on a need to know basis unless there is an explicit consent given by the data subject concerned to disclose it publically.
7. The legal basis for the processing operations is Article 5(1)(a) of Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 because it is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest on the basis of the Treaties or other legal instruments adopted on the basis thereof, and Article 5(1)(d) of Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 because it is based on your explicit consent for non-compulsory personal data specified below.
8. Your data will be kept for a maximum period of eighteen months after the end of the conference. Data will be deleted at the end of this period. If you enrol to be part of the EUSEW Community, your data will be kept for five years after the end of the LIFE programme and you can unsubscribe at any moment through a dedicated link present in all emails sent to you. Recorded and photographed data of you will be kept for five years after the end of the LIFE programme. You can ask for the deletion of your data by sending us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
9. Contact information
If you have any queries concerning the processing of your personal data, you may address them to the controller mentioned above in Section 1 as from 1 by indicating EUSEW data protection notice in the subject.
You shall have the right of recourse to the competent Data Protection Officer (DPO) at CINEA DPO CINEA-DPO@ec.europa.eu as well as at any time to the European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS) at https://edps.europa.eu
 Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 and Decision No 1247/2002/EC (OJEU L295/39, 21.11.2018).
 EUSEW partner organisations are all the organisations that co-organise EUSEW (e.g. organisations who organise a session, a networking activity, an Energy Day, etc.) and strategic and media partners.
 Decision of INEA Steering Committee (2020) 26 of 14/10/20 on internal rules concerning restrictions of certain rights of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data in the framework of activities carried out by the Agency (OJEU L 45 on 9.2.2021, p. 80).
 Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2021/173 of 12 February 2021 establishing the European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency and repealing Implementing Decision 2013/801/EU, Commission Decision C(2021)947 of 12 February 2021 delegating powers to the European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency and Regulation (EU) 2021/783 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2021 establishing a Programme for the Environment and Climate Action (LIFE), and repealing Regulation (EU) No 1293/2013.