At the EUSEW online Energy Fair, you will have a stand to present your activities. Interactive presentations and dynamic discussions will allow you to engage with many participants and stakeholders. The more interactive, the better!
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
The call for contributions to host an online stand at the Networking Village of the EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW) 2021 is open to:
- representatives of EU institutions, including inter-institutional bodies
- stakeholders which fulfil the following criteria:
- have a mandate to work as multipliers using a widespread network of contacts across Europe;
- have a mandate to contribute to the development and implementation of sustainable energy policy in Europe.
Examples of eligible types of organisations include:
- International organisations;
- University associations;
- networks of national, regional/local authorities, agencies, or other public bodies;
- Industry or professional associations;
- NGOs working in the field of sustainable development;
- Consumer associations/citizens’ groups;
- SMEs and start-ups.
Each organisation is entitled to only one exhibition stand and entitled to only one Energy Talk.
Professional event organisers or businesses aiming to promote specific products or services are not eligible.
The online Energy Fair will take place on the dedicated online platform that will host EUSEW on 25-29 October 2021. A virtual exhibition space will showcase all exhibitors who will each have their own page to present and share their content, and connect with participants.
Please note that the Energy Fair offers a limited number of stands for optimal exhibitor visibility and participant navigation. Applicants will be able to choose how many days they want a stand for (1 to 5 days).
Stands will be organised in the following two categories (please note that a stand cannot be featured in more than one category):
• Energy Efficiency
• Renewable Energy
Stands that will offer potential job opportunities for young people will have an additional category indicating that they are part of the Youth Fair.
Activities at each online stand should be interactive and innovative, for example, showcasing a project, offering gamification, sharing documentation, or broadcasting a brief video. Each virtual stand will have live video chat functionalities.
Exhibitors will have the following set of functionalities (please note that additional tools may be available):
• A space to provide information about the organisation/project/etc.;
• A player to show a video;
• A video chat system to exchange with EUSEW’s participants or book meetings;
• An online video meeting booking system;
• Documents sharing;
• A space for contact details;
• Social media links;
• Links to other pages and resources;
• The list of the organisation/project’s members present at EUSEW Energy Fair.
EVALUATION OF APPLICATIONS
A selection panel of European Commission officials will evaluate stand proposals for the Energy Fair. Their review will be based upon the information provided in the online application form and the aspects described hereafter.
- What is your motivation to hold a stand at the EUSEW 2021?
- What interactive elements would you plan to stimulate discussion and debate with the participants?
- What actions would you take to promote your presence among the EUSEW participants and beyond?
- How do these fit with the EU sustainable energy policy agenda, the European Green Deal, and the activities needed to implement the clean energy transition?
- What are the key elements of the proposal contribution and its impact for society?
- What innovative features do you plan to include in the online stand?
DEADLINE AND NEXT STEPS
The deadline for applications is at 17.00 CEST on 24 September 2021. Please note that late submissions will not be considered. You will be informed of the results in early October at the latest.
HOW TO CONTACT THE EUSEW SECRETARIAT?
Should you have any questions about the Energy Fair, please do not hesitate to contact the EUSEW Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
 The stand will be visible the whole week but exhibitors can decide when to be at the stand (and when they are not, people will still be able to see all material at the stand and contact them via email).