- renewable resources | energy efficiency
- Tuesday 27 June 2023, 09:30 - 11:00 (CEST)
- Online only
The webinar will discuss the European Net Zero Alliance's (ENZA) reaction to the Net Zero Industry Act to boost the EU's manufacturing capacity. It aims to raise awareness of the critical role of the Net Zero Industry to achieve a net-zero economy ensuring broad access to net-zero technologies, and promoting European leadership in clean technologies.
The webinar will feature a panel discussion with representatives from ENZA, the European Commission, the European Parliament and the upcoming Spanish Presidency. The panelists will discuss the following topics:
- The importance of a multi-energy approach combining sectors and energy vectors for a cost-efficient, speedy decarbonisation.
- The approach of strategic net-zero technologies to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050 should be complemented with the concept of strategic net zero value chains.
- A harmonized approach to permitting including planning requirements, one stop shops, and time limits is a needed to speed up processes
- The importance of financing coordination and streamlining funding procedures across EU instruments to support the deployment of net-zero technologies.
The event will provide a platform for a constructive dialogue and exchange of ideas among experts, policymakers, and other relevant stakeholders. The audience will have the opportunity to participate in a Q&A session to ask questions to the panellists and further engage in the discussion.
Opening and moderation: Aurelie Beauvais, Managing Director, Euroheat & Power and Chair of ENZA
Keynote speech: Stefano SORO, Head of Unit, Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs (DG GROW), Green and Circular Economy (DG GROW.I.3)
Keynote speech: Rapporteur MEP Christian Ehler (EPP, GE)
- Valerie Séjourné, Managing Director Solar Heat Europe
- Alexandra Tudoroiu, Policy Manager, COGEN Europe
- Malgosia Rybak, Policy Director, CEPI